Specifically designed for a digital environment, maximising the potential for a blended learning experience.
Pivot Point Fundamentals is a comprehensive education library designed for successful completion of the SHB30516 Certificate III in Barbering and SHB30416 Certificate III in Hairdressing. It is a product developed to help learners transform information into learning that deepens meaning and relevance. This is global education, fully customised for the Australian hairdressing and barbering industry.
Progressive Design in a Magazine-Style Layout
- Invites the learner to learn
- Eases reading burden with streamlined text
- Expands understanding with carefully crafted words to say more, with less
- Communicates remembered messages with large, stunning visuals
Social Collaboration Exercises
- Promotes a culture or community of belonging
- Encourages learners to “speak up” about learning topics
- Increases interaction and engagement
- Makes sharing information easier
Industry Connection Sidebars
- Prepares learners for the “real world”
- Makes important, what’s important
- Helps keep the future in mind
Expanded Care and Safety Section
- Builds awareness of client and expectations in the shop
- Refines workplace skills
Life Skills Feature Professional Skills
- Teaches resilience, commitment and persistence that help build sustainable careers
- Focuses attention on respect and integrity
Gone are the days of lengthy chapters that are extremely difficult to fit into your customised curriculum flow.
Fundamentals is structured in small, modularised lessons. This modular approach offers more flexibility, as it relates to curriculum planning and placing the necessary lessons within a program’s learning path.
When incorporating Fundamentals into LAB, the student experience comes to life. Each of these small modules can be placed within the student’s learning path and assigned to a class. Within the modules are multiple activities that will:
- Allow for collaboration
- Inspire deeper thinking
- Provide support for multiple learning styles
- Reinforce need-to-know information
SHB30516 Certificate III in Barbering.
Mapped to the Australian training package, this library consists of 8 areas of study, and covers 26 units of competency.
SHB30416 Certificate III in Hairdressing.
Mapped to the Australian training package, this program consists of 10 areas of studying, covering 28 units of competency.